Fürstentum Rheinbergen
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rheinbergen Data Protection Act

5 posters

Go down

Rheinbergen Data Protection Act Empty Rheinbergen Data Protection Act

Post by harro Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:40 pm

Dear fellow citizens,

After a short discussion with our Prince I would like to inform you about a first draft of the "Rheinbergen Data Protection Act". As because of my profession I see the direct need to establish a useable and useful framework for data within our Principality, I have written this Act to protect our privacy, but also give boundaries and possibilities to use data within and outside our great nation.

please find the first draft under the following link: http://www.wiersma.info/RheinbergenPersonalDataAct_x0.9.pdf

any comments, input, alterations and pontifications are welcome to be sent by private message.

Best,

Harro

edit1: new version uploaded with inputs

Last edited by Fuerst on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Style correction: we are a Principality not a Kingdom, led by a Sovereign Prince, not a King.)
harro
harro
Bürger

Back to top Go down

Rheinbergen Data Protection Act Empty Re: Rheinbergen Data Protection Act

Post by Admin Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:25 pm

Highly appreciated effort dear Harro!

Admin
Admin

https://rheinbergen.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuerst Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Excellent dear Harro and very comprehensive indeed! We will certainly be looking into this with our counsellors and advisors!
Fuerst
Fuerst
Fuerst
Fuerst

http://www.rheinbergen.de

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Dear Harro, just a remark with regards to the styles. Rheinbergen is a Principality, not a Kingdom and therefore our leader is a Sovereign Prince, not a King. Just to avoid confusion.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harro Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:47 pm

Admin wrote:Dear Harro, just a remark with regards to the styles. Rheinbergen is a Principality, not a Kingdom and therefore our leader is a Sovereign Prince, not a King. Just to avoid confusion.

thank you for the input, I have altered it immediately in draft version x0.9
harro
harro
Bürger

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:51 pm

Perfect, thank you very much Harro!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Admin Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:51 am

Dear KA McClurg

Thank you for your valuable input.
We shall await Harro's response to these questions and remarks.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zoltait Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:13 pm

I think the idea behind the document was that a micronation that currently exists mostly as an electronic community would do well to have some guidelines on how its agents can use data they hold (primarily, the data from citizenship applications).  It looks like Harro used some wording originating in another nation as the starting point, and that starting point is more elaborate than what we need.

As to this being expressed as an "Act", i.e. legislation, rather than a short guideline statement, I think that just reflects the idea of Rheinbergen considering itself as a sovereign entity.

Perhaps before we have a Data Protection guideline, a general edict on the basics of Rheinbergen's equivalent to the legal system of other nations would be useful.  Maybe something like a "Charter" from the Prince... it could cover things like:
---
1 - Authority within the domain of Rheinbergen derives from the Sovereign Prince, who may delegate it to individuals and bodies as he sees fit.

2 - The authority of the Sovereign extends to enacting binding regulations ("laws") for the citizens of Rheinbergen, the breach of which may be subject to penalties.

3 - Penalties include suspension or withdrawal of access to the Rheinbergen forum, revocation of honours, titles and offices, and in extreme cases, revocation of citizenship.

4 - Citizens are able to request adjudication by the Sovereign Prince or his delegates, if a law appears to have been broken.
---

Based on this, the Data Protection Act could boil down to a simple statement of what the operators of systems in the service of Rheinbergen may do with data they hold, and what penalties may apply if they do not observe this (i.e. removal from such offices as forum moderator etc).

I'd be happy to polish the wording to make it suitable for a royal charter, and also to work with Harro to bring his draft to more closely reflect Rheinbergen's needs, if His Serene Highness so wishes. Smile

zoltait
zoltait
Bürger

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by harro Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:49 am

dear all, as I am currently and unexpectedly traveling with limited internet access I will respond to the questions addressed above during the coming week. My apologies for the late reply
harro
harro
Bürger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down